Bright Ascension Ltd may change this policy from time to time and will publish updates on its website: www.brightascension.com. This policy is effective from March 2021.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND USE
Depending on where you are located and how you interact with this website, your personal data may be collected and used as explained below.
As a rule, the personal data processed by us is provided by you upon registration or when using the website. The personal data we could collect includes the following categories of data:
- Contact details, such as email address, address and phone number;
- Information relating to customer relationship, such as billing information;
- Language preferences; and
- Customer interaction, customer contacts and replies, including the organization for which you work, when you provide details on the site or purchase goods from us.
We may also collect technical data on the use of our services, which may be associated with you. The technical data we could collect includes the following categories of data:
- Time stamps and log data relating to the use of the services; and
- Device ID, device type, operating system used and application settings.
COOKIES WE USE
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data for the following purposes:
Service provision and managing your customer relationship
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to provide the service and to manage and maintain the customer relationship between us and you or the company you represent. In this case, we process personal data based on the contract between you or the company you represent and us.
Marketing & data analytics
We may send you email to inform you about new features, products and services, ask you for feedback, or provide you other relevant information. We may also use the data provided by you for analysing and enhancing our advertising, marketing, market research, and sales activities. In this respect, processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to provide you relevant information as part of the service and to promote the service to you as well as to develop future services. You may object to marketing communications at any time (please see section “Your rights” below). You can also easily unsubscribe by clicking at the unsubscribe link at the footer of our newsletters and marketing emails.
Website development and information security
We also process personal data to ensure security of the website, to improve the quality of the website and to develop new features. In these cases, the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest to ensure that our website has an adequate level of data security, and that we have sufficient and relevant information at hand to develop our website.
TRANSFERS AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when permitted or required by law, such as to comply with requests by competent authorities or related to legal proceedings;
- when our trusted services providers provide services to us on behalf of us and under our instructions. Please note that Bright Ascension Ltd does not rent, sell or lease personal information about you to other people or non-affiliated companies. We will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data through our trusted services providers;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
We view the security of confidential and private information as a top priority. To protect your information when interacting with our website, SSL (the secure server software) encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We are strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and maintain stringent security and access controls to our computer systems. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have a right to access personal data we process about you. You may access, correct, update, change or remove your personal data at any time. However, please note that certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this policy and may also be required by law. Thus, you may not remove such personal data.
- You have a right to object for certain processing. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, you have a right to restrict data processing.
- You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
- If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting us.
- If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EEA.
THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For further information about this policy or our privacy practices, or to request changes or corrections to personal information maintained by Bright Ascension Ltd, please contact:
+44 (0) 1382 602041
1 Laurel Bank